Combating depression may be one of the most stressful and challenging things in life if you do not have the right information. However, things have been made easier because of the numerous depression treatments available today. Vitamins have become one of the most reliable and effective ways of combating depression. Therefore to get better results, consider going for top vitamins to help combat depression. However, you should consult your therapist or doctor before starting to take any of the vitamins
Some of the top vitamins to help combat depression
1. B-complex vitamins:
They are useful in improving the emotional and mental health of a person, which is essential for the brain health. They include the following:
- Thiamine (vitamin B1) – for conversion of blood sugar or glucose into energy/fuel, which is useful for normal functioning of the brain. Riboflavin (vitamin B2) – for the elimination of mood swings.
- Niacin (vitamin B3) – for elimination of anxiety and agitation and also improves the physical and mental health
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) – it eliminates depression and fatigue.
- pyridoxine (vitamin B6) – for processing amino acids and elimination of mental confusion.
- Vitamin B12 – for the formation of red blood cells; folic acid – for the synthesis of DNA; and choline.
For improving memory and learning B vitamins influence several brain functions such as mood. By increasing the amount of B vitamins in the body, you are improving the health of the brain thus easing depression symptoms.
2. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
It usually eliminates depression symptoms and mental confusion/stress. It is a strong antioxidant and is helpful in improving the body’s immune system, and protection against heart disease and cancer. If you increase Vitamin C intake, expect a decrease in depression symptoms.
3. Vitamin D:
They have numerous health benefits including reducing depression symptoms. Research has shown that most people suffering from depression usually have inadequate levels of vitamin D. These vitamins are usually obtained from direct exposure to sunlight. They can also be obtained from particular foods such as eggs, milk, cod liver oil and sardines.
It is important to eat a balanced diet so that you may get an adequate amount of these top vitamins.
Depression victims experience mood disorders, and they usually feel lonely, sad and lack of interest in many things. If this disorder is not properly managed on time, it will affect your entire time. In this regard, consider increasing the quantity of some of the top vitamins as an approach to help combat depression.…